Description: The microUSB Programming Adaptor (uUSB-PA5) is a USB to RS-232 bridge converter which is simple, cost effective, very small and easy to use.
It uses a mini-B type USB connector to connect to your PC and is based on the FTDI FT232RQ USB to Serial Bridge IC from FTDI Chip.
It provides the user with multi baud rate serial data up to 3M baud rate, and access to additional signals such as flow control in a convenient 10 pin 2.54mm (0.1") pitch Dual-In-Line package.
The main 5 pin interface is a standard 2.54mm (0.1") pitch female header, designed to connect directly to a majority of the 4D Systems modules.
The uUSB-PA5 is ideal for prototype or production.
RX and TX signals are both 3.3V and 5V tolerant.
The uUSB-PA5 was designed in 2012 to be the programming adaptor of choice going forward for new products. While a large range of 4D Systems modules are compatible with this programming adaptor, some are not, for mechanical reasons.
The following is a small list is of known modules that are not compatible with the uUSB-PA5.
Please use the 4D Programming cable instead.
- USB 2.0 compliant Full Speed 12Mbps maximum speed, Suspend supported.
- Hardware or Xon/Xoff handshaking supported, 300bps to 3Mbps.
- UART supports 7 or 8 data bits, 1-2 Stop bits, odd/even/mark/space and no parity
- Power on reset circuit
- Virtual COM port drivers allow operation with existing COM port PC applications
- Supports Windows 98 and above, MAC (OSX-8 and above) and Linux (2.4 kernel and above)
- USB powered
- -40 to +85 degrees Celsius temp range
- Small size, 33.7mm x 17.3mm
- Traffic/Operation LED indicates board status
- Additional flow control and features available for the user to solder, using standard 2.54mm (0.1") pitch through holes along each side of the PCB.
- RoHS Compliant