The micro-OLED µOLED-160-G1 is a unique, compact, and cost effective serial controlled display module using the latest Passive Matrix OLED (PMOLED) technology with an embedded GOLDELOX graphics controller that delivers stand-alone functionality to any project. The module is designed to operate under two different software platforms; the Serial Command platform or the 4DGL (4D Graphics Language) platform. The serial command platform allows the µOLED-160-G1 module to be used as slave device connected to an external host. The host can be any controller such as a PIC, AVR, ARM, STAMP, etc. or even a PC where all screen related functions are sent using a simple protocol via the serial interface. Serial commands may comprise of a single byte or multiple bytes of data depending on the command type. The serial platform allows users to develop their application using their favorite microcontroller and software development tools.
4DGL is a graphics oriented language allowing the developer to write applications in a high level language (syntax similar to popular languages such as BASIC, C, Pascal, etc.) and run it directly on the GOLDELOX processor embedded in the µOLED-160-G1 module. The rich set of built in library functions and the high level syntax allows the user to take complete control of all available hardware resources such as the Serial Port, Graphics Display, micro-SD card, I/O pins, etc. This eliminates the need for an external host micro-controller to drive the µOLED-160-G1 module via serial commands. It provides the user complete independence to quickly develop powerful applications.
- 160 x 128 pixel resolution
- 65K colors
- 1.7” diagonal (active area: 33.6x26.9mm)
- OLED requires no backlight with near 180° viewing angle
- Easy 5 pin interface to any host device: VCC, TX, RX, GND, RESET
- Voltage supply from 3.6V to 6.0V, current @ 40mA nominal when using a 5.0V supply
- Serial (0V to 3.3V) with auto-baud feature (300 to 256Kbps)
- Powered by the GOLDELOX processor
- 2 interfaces: serial command platform (factory default) or the 4DGL (4D Graphics Language) platform
- Onboard micro-SD (μSD) card socket for storing of icons, images, animations, etc. (64Mb to 2Gb)
- Three selectable font sizes (5x7, 8x8 and 8x12)
- Built in graphics commands such as: LINE, CIRCLE, RECTANGLE, TEXT, USER BITMAP, BACKGROUND COLOR, PUT PIXEL, IMAGE, etc.
Documents and Software: