The Wi-Pi module is a high performance WLAN USB module which enables the Raspberry Pi to connect to a Wi-Fi network. The Wi-Pi module supports 802.11n standards with data rate upto 150Mbps, as compared to older 54Mbps in 802.11g standards. It also has a higher wireless LAN bandwidth, making data transmission more efficient, whilst also supporting wireless roaming, and ensuring consistent wireless connection. The Wi-Pi uses the latest international wireless CCA air channel detection technology, enhancing wireless performance.
- Antenna – Built-in smart antenna
- Transmission speed – 11b – 1/2/5.5/11Mbps, 11g – 6/9/12/18/24/36/48/54Mbps, 11n – up to 150Mbps
- Frequency range – 2.4GHz to 2.4835GHz
- Working channel – 1 to 13
- Transmit power – 20dBm (max)
- Security features – WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK, WPA/WPA2, 64/128/152 bit WEP encryption
- Operating Systems – Debian 6.0 Linux distribution
- Operating temperature – 0°C to 40°C
You can use it with Raspberry Pi, desktop computers, Beaglebone, Cubieboard.